Satisfaction Guaranteed — Retail. Food service*. Call centers. Tech support. Delivery. Cleaning services. Taxi driving. Not every job is glamorous and well-paying. Nothing is more grating than getting screamed at, cussed at, spilled on, and talked down to while doing a miserable job just to get the bills paid.
Less Than Three Press is seeking LGBTQ stories about the people working minimum wage hell, exhausting themselves to guarantee satisfaction and make ends meet, always looking for a chance at happiness and satisfaction of their own.
* The editor requests that authors consider food service employment outside of bartenders/baristas as these are commonly explored themes in many contemporary ebooks.
- Deadline is DECEMBER 31, 2013 11:59 EST (GMT -5) (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 20,000 words in length.
- Stories must be LGBTQ.
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
Satisfaction Guaranteed is a general release anthology, meaning stories will be sold as a compiled ebook in the LT3 book market.
Payment will be $200 on acceptance of the story. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and two copies of the paperback compilation.
Stories should be complete before submitting, and as edited as possible. They can be submitted in any format (doc, docx, rtf, odt, etc), preferably single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font (Times, Calibri, Arial) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Any questions/concerns should be directed to the Editor in Chief, Samantha M. Derr, firstname.lastname@example.org (or you can ping her on twitter @rykaine).